POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV 4 ideology proposal : Re: POV 4 ideology proposal Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:27:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 4 ideology proposal
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 14 Apr 1999 16:07:36
Message: <3714E69D.6DD677E7@Kopp.com>
Lance Birch wrote:

> er... sure about that?  I don't know, wouldn't that just mean that the
> object has kind of like a double sided thickness?  I mean, translucency is
> something that carries THROUGH the object...

What do you mean by "through" the object?  Maybe you do want media?
Or maybe what you're looking for is a mixture of double-sided shading
and a bit of filter/transparancy (or no_shadow).

I think that the double_sided keyword should take a float value that is
used to attenuate the shading for the 'wrong' side.  That would add a
bit more flexibility.

-Nathan